While Hudak’s one million jobs promise has been thoroughly discredited by economists and independent analysts, skeptics are also digging into some of his party’s other promises and discovering proposals that will result in a double negative – jobs losses and environmental damage.
Consider just two examples:
- As a Toronto Star editorial notes, Tim Hudak wants to weaken recycling regulations for corporations, even going so far as to produce a policy paper which questions the value of Ontario’s Blue Box program. Such changes would increase garbage and the need to find places to put it, while costing jobs in the province’s recycling industry. Read the editorial here:http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2014/06/04/tim_hudaks_push_for_less_recycling_regulation_could_hinder_job_growth_editorial.html.
- The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives looks at Hudak’s plans to scrap renewable energy projects and finds that good jobs will be lost in the green energy sector. Read the full report at:https://www.policyalternatives.ca/publications/reports/short-circuited#sthash.0GOzOH6r.dpuf
- Vote in the Advance Poll this week
- Take the Pledge to Stop Hudak
- Share this analysis on the impact of Hudak’s jobs cuts
- Talk to at least one undecided person about this election
Key messages and themesPlease join us in sharing the following messages with your family, neighbours, and colleagues and help us Stop Hudak.
- As a member of the Harris government, Hudak helped close 28 hospitals in Ontario. #StopHudak #onhealth #onpoli
- Mike Harris fired 44,000 public servants. Hudak plans to fire twice that many. Twice as reckless. #StopHudak #CanLab
- Hudak wants to cut environmental regulations. Harris did that. We know how things turned out. #TwiceasReckless #StopHudak
- Apparently firing 100,000 public servants is not enough, Hudak is going after green energy sector jobs too. #StopHudak #VoteON
- What has Hudak planned for your summer holiday? A “mini budget” targeting 100k job losses #StopHudak #onpoli
- Why wait until June 12 to #StopHudak, Advance Polls open today! http://wemakevotingeasy.ca/en/home.aspx #onpoli
- Hudak’s job plan is reckless – http://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/4555486-hudak-s-job-plan-is-reckless/
- Tim Hudak's surgery may kill the patient: Siddiqui – http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/06/04/tim_hudaks_surgery_may_kill_the_patient_siddiqui.html
- Tim Hudak’s push for less recycling regulation could hinder job growth: Editorial – http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2014/06/04/tim_hudaks_push_for_less_recycling_regulation_could_hinder_job_growth_editorial.html
- Ekos – Liberals 36.4, Conservatives 31, NDP 19.3, Greens 8.4 – http://www.ipolitics.ca/2014/06/04/wynnes-lead-narrows-post-debate-with-younger-vote-in-flux/
- Forum – Liberals 40, Conservatives 35, NDP 22, Greens 2 – http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2014/06/04/poll_suggests_hudak_won_debate_but_may_not_win_election.html
- You can also see comprehensive polling data from various sources analyzed on a daily basis here – http://www.threehundredeight.com/
- On Now – Advance Voting
- June 12th – Election Day
Thank you and please keep working to Stop Hudak and build a fair Ontario!
- the #stophudak team